Window coverings are an integral part of the overall interior design of any building, whether it is a residential or commercial building. Therefore, it’s essential that you make the right choice when it comes to your window coverings.
Two of the most popular window coverings are the outdoor blinds and awnings. Both are ideal if you want a window covering that can give you some privacy and keep the sun out. In addition, these window coverings can help to enhance the look of your window, giving it a refreshingly new look. If you’re planning to outfit your window with some covering, would you opt for the blinds or should you just choose the awnings? Or would it be better to get both instead? Read on to find out.
Window blinds are the most common forms of window covering. It comes with many benefits over other types of window covering since they are easy to install and it can instantly change the overall appearance of your window.
If you need a window covering that allows you to control the amount of light that gets into your window, then you should go for the window blinds. The blinds can be installed in your bedroom or any other room in your house where you don’t want the light to disturb you. Window blinds are also great for commercial buildings and offices. They are very versatile and are available in a wide range of colours, patterns, and styles.
Depending on the type of window blinds that you will buy, this window covering can provide you with a level of privacy that you can’t get from other window coverings, such as curtains. Here are more benefits of installing window blinds:
- More privacy – the blinds can do more than just controlling the light that goes into the window. It also prevents people from the outside from peeking inside your house.
- Enhance interior look – as mentioned, blinds are installed indoors and depending on the design that you will go for, and they can help to enhance the look of your interiors.
- Less energy consumption – they can help to multiply the amount of sunlight that gets into your house, which helps to save the amount of energy required to operate your heating devices. They also help to reduce the amount of electricity needed to run an air conditioning system. As a result, window blinds help to lower your electric bill.
Unlike the window blinds, which need to be installed in the interior part of the building, awnings are window coverings that are to be installed outdoors. These are roof-like structures made from plastic or canvas that works more like a window shelter, protecting your home against the weather. Window awnings are used in both residential and commercial buildings, and its primary purpose is to keep a structure protected from the sun.
It has the ability to prevent glare and UV rays from getting inside, which also helps to reduce the amount of heat inside a building. These days, you’ll find different types of awnings made from different materials and they have different designs too. In most cases, they are built in such a way that they match with the overall architectural feature of a building. Some of the most popular types of awnings are the retractable awnings, residential awning, and deck awning. Here are more benefits that you can get from using awnings as a window covering:
- Protection from the rain – awnings are not only good at protecting your house from the sun, but it also protects it from the rain.
- Extra outdoor functions – if installed in your home, awnings can widen your outdoor living space, which is great for when you’re hosting outdoor parties.
- Lower energy consumption – just like the window blinds, awnings can help to reduce the amount of energy needed to operate your heating system and air conditioning system.
Why It’s Better To Get Both Blinds and Awnings
Both the window blinds and awnings are great options for window coverings, whether it is for residential or commercial use. The primary purpose of these window coverings is to protect your home or building from the sun’s harmful rays. If you want ultimate protection, it is a great idea to install both – window blinds inside and the awnings outside. Installing window blinds together with awnings means you’ll be able to block more sunlight from getting into your home or offices. Thus, you’ll be able to reduce the amount of energy needed to operate your heating and air conditioning system.
Installing both the blinds and awnings may cost you more money but just think about the financial benefits that you can get from it in the long run. With the amount of energy that you can save from installing both these window coverings, investing in them is really worth it.
If your primary purpose is to merely have an outside covering that can enhance the overall facade of your home or commercial building, you can simply install the awnings. On the other hand, if it’s the interior that you want to enhance, then the window blinds should do it. Basically, if your main purpose for having a window covering is to aesthetically enhance the look of your home or office, then you can either have the blinds or awnings. However, if you need them for ultimate sun protection, then you better get both.
Window Blinds and Awnings in Melbourne